At Farnborough International we are known for running one of the world’s biggest and most prestigious Airshows. Whilst we will continue to build on every airshow, we’re also on a journey to become more than this.
Our aim is to transform what we are known for – to make Farnborough International a globally recognised brand, famous for its pioneering spirit in delivering world class Airshows and hosting business events in our state of the art 20,000 sqm exhibition and conference centre set to open in 2018.
With new exciting opportunities on the horizon and the business expanding fast, Farnborough International is looking to strengthen its world class team by recruiting a new Director of Operations for Airshows, responsible for the delivery of all operational aspects of the Farnborough International Airshow and Bahrain International Airshow.
Reporting to the CEO, and working with the Executive team, this role will oversee the delivery of the air show project plans to ensure all key mile stones are achieved.
The Director of Operations’ primary responsibilities will include, amongst others;
- Ensuring all service providers are appropriately tendered and appointed
- Developing KPI’s, SLA’s and benchmarks for staff and key official suppliers
- Liaising with and coordinating emergency services for Farnborough International events
- Implementing a Preferred Supplier process to maximise revenue generation
- Managing relevant service providers for Farnborough International events
- Overseeing the build-up and breakdown process for all temporary structures
- Implementing agreed de-brief actions relevant to operations
People are at the heart of what we do at Farnborough and we are looking for individuals who can embrace and deliver the 3 core values at the centre of our business:
Positivity Precision Partnership
You will have good communication and leadership skills to be able to manage the Operations team and represent upwards at Board level when required, and be capable of fostering good working relationships.
You will have experience of managing large scale sites and events, and be experienced in working on and delivering ‘plans and projects’.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail and strict adherence to deadlines
- Excellent organisational ability
- Ability to portray authority and composure
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project is required
- Previous experience in working on plans and project management is essential
- Previous experience of large site and events management is essential
How to apply
To apply or for more information, e-mail [email protected]
All applicants should e-mail a CV and covering letter, which must include your salary expectations.