At Farnborough International we are known for running one of the world’s biggest and most prestigious Airshows. Whilst we will continue to build on every airshow, we’re also on a journey to become more than this.
Our aim is to transform what we are known for – to make Farnborough International a globally recognised brand, famous for its pioneering spirit in delivering world class Airshows and hosting business events in our state of the art 20,000 sqm exhibition and conference centre set to open in 2018.
With new exciting opportunities on the horizon and the business expanding fast, Farnborough International is looking to strengthen its world class team. We are recruiting a new Senior Sales Executive, to join a small established sales team and be responsible for attracting new business and delivering challenging sales targets for the Farnborough International Airshow and Bahrain International Airshow.
You will specifically focus on new emerging markets and sectors within the global Aerospace industry and introduce new clients to the Airshows; managing the sales process for new prospects, from initial contact through to closure.
Your primary responsibilities will include, amongst others;
- Driving the exhibitor sales operation to include maintaining contact, following and closing sales leads
- Owning the exhibitor up-selling programme and delivery of targets
- Identifying new markets and developing existing growth markets and zones
- Researching new products to sell our products to
- Creating value propositions for all new prospects to match a client’s products/services and objectives with the FIL portfolio of events
- In partnership with the Sales Manager, producing a sales and marketing strategy
- Achieving revenue targets and objectives in lines with the allocated Business Plan and dedicated sector
- Maintaining exhibitor records on the database and producing invoices where appropriate
- Processing and monitoring incoming applications and inputting onto the CRM system
People are at the heart of what we do at Farnborough and we are looking for individuals who can embrace and deliver the 3 core values at the centre of our business:
Positivity Precision Partnership
With these values in mind, we are looking for an enthused and proactive individual who has excellent interpersonal skills to evolve and maintain successful business relationships with all prospects throughout the whole sales process. You will have excellent communication skills to enable you to effectively handle customer enquiries and liaise internally with the Operations Department to relay customer requirements.
Key Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years sales experience, with a proven history of achieving sales targets. Event sales experience is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with Aerospace industry stakeholders at all levels
- Experience working with a CRM tool
- Excellent account management skills and a proven track record of delivering new business revenue
- Strong customer focus and presentation skills
- High attention to detail and strict adherence to deadlines
- Excellent organisational ability
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
How to apply
A full Job Description is available on request.
To apply or for more information, e-mail [email protected]
All applicants should e-mail a CV and covering letter, which must include your salary expectations.