16 month Fixed Term Contract
At Farnborough International we are known for running one of the world’s biggest and most prestigious Airshows. Whilst we will continue to build on every airshow, we’re also on a journey to become more than this.
Our aim is to transform what we are known for – to make Farnborough International a globally recognised brand, famous for its pioneering spirit in delivering world class Airshows and hosting business events in our state of the art 20,000 sqm exhibition and conference centre set to open in 2018.
With new exciting opportunities on the horizon and the business expanding fast, Farnborough International is looking to strengthen its world class team by recruiting an experienced Sales Executive for a 16 month period to work closely with the event leader to specifically deliver sales targets for the Public Airshow (PAS) at the Farnborough International Airshow (FIA).
The public airshow takes place over the final weekend of the event and attracts around 80,000 members of the public and in 2016 100 exhibitors joined us for the weekend. The participating exhibitors vary from major international brands to small independent retailers.
Reporting to the Head of Public Airshow, you will be responsible for attracting new brands/retailers and winning new business, as well as achieving up-selling opportunities from trade show participants. You will be targeting larger companies and mainstream brands, as well as smaller businesses and previous exhibitors, therefore experience and confidence selling to Senior Marketers and Company Directors is a must!
Your primary responsibilities will include;
- Responsibility for the sales operation for PAS; contacting exhibitors from 2016, as well as making contact with new prospects
- Managing an existing database and maintaining exhibitors records on the CRM system
- Dealing with existing and prospective customer enquiries face to face, over the phone or via email; ensuring efficient responses and providing as much assistance as possible
- Identifying new prospective mid-range sponsors and writing proposals, as appropriate
- Ownership of the exhibitor cross-selling programme and delivering set targets
- Achieving all revenue targets and objectives in line with the budget set
- Reporting business trends and area performance, and developing a full understanding of the market place
- Meeting and greeting exhibitors when they arrive on-site
You will be identifying and attending relevant events to target prospective exhibitors, which will involve weekend work and travel outside the UK and, if appropriate, overseas.
People are at the heart of what we do at Farnborough and we are looking for individuals who can embrace and deliver the 3 core values at the centre of our business:
Positivity Precision Partnership
We seek a candidate with enthusiasm and energy to embrace our values and foster successful working relationships with all departments across the business.
We are looking for someone with previous experience selling in consumer events who has the confidence to communicate effectively with senior levels within large companies and mainstream brands.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Proven track record in selling in consumer events
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent presentations skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve sales targets
- Good administration skills
- Experienced at using Microsoft Office suite
How to apply
To apply or for more information, e-mail [email protected]
All applicants should e-mail a CV and covering letter, which must include your salary expectations.