At Farnborough International we are known for running one of the world’s biggest and most prestigious Airshows. Whilst we will continue to build on every airshow, we’re also on a journey to become more than this.
Our aim is to transform what we are known for – to make Farnborough International a globally recognised brand, famous for its pioneering spirit in delivering world class Airshows and hosting business events in our state of the art 20,000 sqm exhibition and conference centre set to open in 2018
With the business expanding fast, we have a brand new opening for a new Head of Airshow Operations to strengthen our world class team and be responsible for overseeing the delivery of all organiser operational requirements for the Farnborough International Airshow (FIA) and Bahrain International Airshow (BIAS).
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be managing the planning and preparation of all operational aspects for FIA and BIAS.
Your primary responsibilities will include, amongst others;
- Ensuring the organiser activities comply with CDM regulations
- Managing show layout in liaison with venue operations team
- Managing supplier contracts specific to organiser
- Show control management
- Managing key planning meetings and Project Plan
- Managing the debrief programme
A full description is available on request.
People are at the heart of what we do at Farnborough and we are looking for individuals who can embrace and deliver the 3 core values at the centre of our business:
Positivity Precision Partnership
We seek an experienced individual with the aspirations and confidence to take hold of the overall responsibility for all organiser operations during an event – build, open and breakdown; someone with superb communication skills who can foster fruitful working relationships both internally and externally to ensure delivery of all operational requirements for the Airshow.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication, organisational and negotiation skills
- Team leadership and management skills
- Strong event or venue operational background, with minimum 3-5 years major event organisational experience
- Excellent track record of working with contractors
- Personable and a good team player
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and think on your feet when required
How to apply
To apply or for more information, e-mail [email protected]
All applicants should e-mail a CV and covering letter, which must include your salary expectations.