At Farnborough International we are known for running one of the world’s biggest and most prestigious Airshows. Whilst we will continue to build on every airshow, we’re also on a journey to become more than this.
Our aim is to transform what we are known for – to make Farnborough International a globally recognised brand, famous for its pioneering spirit in delivering world class Airshows and hosting business events in our state of the art 20,000 sqm exhibition and conference centre set to open in 2018
With the business expanding fast, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Head of Event Management to strengthen our world class team and be responsible for the event management team that will be delivering all events at our brand new venue site– the Farnborough International Exhibition & Conference Centre.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be primarily responsible for managing the venue events team in the planning and preparation of all operational arrangements for all events, including Farnborough International Airshow.
Your primary responsibilities will also include, amongst others;
- Assisting the Airshow Operational Team in the planning and delivery of Farnborough International Airshow
- Developing processes and procedures for the operation of the new venue
- Ensuring the venue operations comply with CDM regulations
- Overseeing all site operations during event build, open and breakdown
- Identifying opportunities for organiser upsell and maximising revenue
- Delivering support to all events and activities, and identifying ways to improve delivery methods
A full description is available on request.
People are at the heart of what we do at Farnborough and we are looking for individuals who can embrace and deliver the 3 core values at the centre of our business:
Positivity Precision Partnership
We seek an individual with high energy and the enthusiasm to embrace our values and foster the successful working relationships and practices that are needed to ensure we are constantly exceeding customer expectations.
We are looking to appoint an individual with excellent communication and customer service skills, someone with the passion and drive to deliver exceptional events and a strong background in event or venue operations.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Team leadership and management skills
- Strong event or venue operational background, minimum 3 years operational venue experience
- Excellent track record of working with contractors
- Self-motivated, personable and a good team player
- Ability to work under pressure and to a tight deadline
- Flexible working attitude
How to apply
To apply or for more information, e-mail [email protected]
All applicants should e-mail a CV and covering letter, which must include your salary expectations.