At Farnborough International we are known for running one of the world’s biggest and most prestigious Airshows. Whilst we will continue to build on every airshow, we’re also on a journey to become more than this.
Our aim is to transform what we are known for – to make Farnborough International a globally recognised brand, famous for its pioneering spirit in delivering world class Airshows and hosting business events in our state of the art 20,000 sqm exhibition and conference centre set to open in 2018
With the business expanding fast, we have a fantastic opening for a new Head of Venue Facilities to strengthen our world class team and be responsible for the team delivering technical support for daily site operations of the new venue site– the Farnborough International Exhibition & Conference Centre.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be primarily responsible for the team delivering the technical support to organisers, soft services, engineering projects, site records, temporary infrastructure, repairs and maintenance and daily site operations.
Your primary responsibilities will also include, amongst others;
- Assisting the Airshow Operational Team in the planning and delivery of Farnborough International Airshow
- Managing the venue facilities operations team in the preparation of all operational arrangements for all events
- Developing the Facilities Management strategy for the venue
- Overseeing the delivery of all site facilities and venue technical service contracts
- Developing a Quality System for the department
- Implementing a CAFAM system with helpdesk function
- Providing technical advice to clients and stakeholders
A full description is available on request.
People are at the heart of what we do at Farnborough and we are looking for individuals who can embrace and deliver the 3 core values at the centre of our business:
Positivity Precision Partnership
We are looking to appoint an individual with excellent communication, negotiation and composure skills, who has the capability of building strong working relationships with colleagues and contractors alike.
We seek a motivated and driven candidate with proven experience of facilities management and leading a team who can develop a customer service led department.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication, organisational and negotiation skills
- Team leadership and management skills
- Strong event or venue operational background, with minimum 3 years facilities management experience
- Member of BIFM or equivalent
- Excellent track record of working with contractors
- Personable and a good team player
- Self-motivated and ability to work to a tight deadline
How to apply
To apply or for more information, e-mail [email protected]
All applicants should e-mail a CV and covering letter, which must include your salary expectations.