More than 60 CEOs, Space Experts, Scientists and Technology leaders to speak at Space-Comm Expo 2022
More than 60 CEOs, scientists, space experts, financers, and technology leaders have been announced as part of Space-Comm Expo’s two-day conference speaker programme, ahead of its second instalment, organised by Hub Exhibitions in partnership with Farnborough International.
Taking place 7-8 September 2022 at Farnborough International Exhibition & Conference Centre, the Space-Comm Expo agenda covers space security, safety, sustainability, transportation, tourism, regulatory framework for commercialisation of space, earth observation and satellites and the challenges and benefits of heading back to the moon and in-space manufacturing. UK Space Agency, CGI, BAE Systems, BEIS, Spaceport Cornwall and In-Space Missions are among the organisations sharing expertise, strategies and research throughout the programme.
Top-line speakers include:
- Dallas Campbell, British science television presenter
- Dr Maggie Aderin Pocock, Space Scientist and Science Educator
- Kevin Craven, Chief Executive Officer, ADS
- Dr Paul Bate, Chief Executive Officer, UK Space Agency
- John Hanley, Chair, UKSpace, Senior Vice President, CGI
- Andrew Staniland, CEO, Thales Alenia
- Rebecca Evernden, Director for Space, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Doug Liddle, Chief Executive, In-Space Missions
- Elizabeth Seward, Head of Space Strategy, BAE Systems
- Ian Annett, Deputy CEO for Project Delivery, UK Space Agency
- Melissa Thorpe, CEO, Spaceport Cornwall
- Frank DiBello, President and CEO of Space Florida
- Professor Mike Lockwood - Professor of Space Environment Physics, University of Reading
- Pam Underwood, Director, Office of Spaceports, FAA
Ian Annett, Deputy CEO of the UK Space Agency, said: “We are excited to be back supporting Space-Comm Expo, which has rapidly established itself as one of the most important dates in the UK space industry calendar.
“As we look forward to the UK’s first satellite launch later this year, this event provides a valuable platform to showcase UK skills and capabilities, catalyse investment, and enhance our international reputation as a hub of expertise and innovation. I can’t wait to meet exhibitors and attendees from all around the world who will get to see everything the UK has to offer as the most exciting place to do space.”
Kevin Craven, CEO of ADS Group, added: "As a founding partner, ADS is delighted to see the return of Space Comm-Expo, a truly versatile event that connects, showcases and celebrates the exceptional UK space sector.
"In 2021, our flourishing Space sector employed 47,000 people and generated turnover worth £16.6 billion and 2022 has continued to be a landmark year for space. With inaugural UK launch expected later this year, there are many more upcoming milestones and worldfirsts, underpinned by important Government strategies that if implemented well will further secure and strengthen the UK's position as a global space leader.”
Attendance to Space-Comm Expo is free. To register for your place and view the full programme, visit https://www.space-comm.co.uk/