Our aim is to transform what we are known for – to make Farnborough International a globally recognised brand, famous for its pioneering spirit in delivering world class Airshows and hosting business events in our state of the art 20,000 sqm exhibition and conference centre.
With new exciting opportunities on the horizon and the business expanding fast, Farnborough International is always looking to strengthen its world class team.
For a full list of ADS Group employee benefits click here
See what Farnborough International employees have to say about working for the company here
Farnborough International is a globally recognised brand, famous for its pioneering spirit in delivering world class Airshows and hosting events on site with 23,000sqm of flexible event space.
Farnborough International is looking to support an Event Management student in enhancing their employability skills in a professional training placement.
The student will primarily support the experienced Farnborough International Exhibition and Conference centre team in delivering events across our two purpose built venues, Hall 1, a 20,000sqm exhibition and conference centre, and Hall 5, a 3000sqm blank canvas exclusive hire venue.
Across the year the student will also benefit from the opportunity to spend time with the other Farnborough International teams responsible for delivering the world famous Farnborough International Airshow and events on site at Farnborough; Aerospace Events, Aerospace Sales, Customer Experience, Catering, Finance, HR, IT, Marketing, PR and Comms, Sponsorship, Venue Facilities, Venue Logistics and Venue Sales
- Support the Sales and Events Coordinator in managing internal events
- Create event packs and key briefing documents for the event managers
- Create welcome packs for clients and organisers, placing orders for bespoke items where required and managing the budget across the financial cycle
- Support the Event Duty Managers during the operational periods of events on site in Hall 1 and Hall 1, taking on ad hoc projects as assigned.
Skills & Competencies
• Organised and self motivated
• A fluent and excellent communicator at all levels
• A third year Event Management student
• Personable and a good team player
• Flexible attitude to working hours
• Willing to work weekends on occasion
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to think on your feet and be flexible when required
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure
• Time management skills
• Full driving licence
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages
How to Apply
Vacancy location: Farnborough, Showcentre
Details: Full Time, 37.5hours per week
Contract: Permanent, 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £18,000 annually
To view the full job description:
All applicants should apply with a CV and Supporting Statement, including salary expectations and locationAPPLY NOW