Sustainable Skies World Summit to Support the Acceleration to Net Zero Aviation
The first instalment of Sustainable Skies World Summit sets out to support the acceleration of net zero aviation with an insight-packed agenda.
Created and hosted by Farnborough International in partnership with Sustainable Aviation, the Sustainable Skies World Summit is taking place 5-6 April 2022 at Farnborough International’s world-class Exhibition & Conference Centre.
As one of the first large-scale event of its kind in the world, the summit will support the Sustainable Aviation coalition’s agenda, which sets out to collectively achieve a cleaner, quieter, and smarter future for the industry.
Following closely on from the UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) and the World Economic Forum’s Davos Agenda, and ahead of the Farnborough International Airshow and Aerospace Global Forum, the Sustainable Skies World Summit will drive the sustainability agenda for the global aviation industry, spearheading pioneering innovations, conversations and building connections.
The industry-leading programme has been designed to challenge the perspective of the aviation industry; bringing to light the difficult conversations for sector leaders, discussing opportunities to accelerate the transition to net zero aviation and reviewing and tackling the outcomes from COP26. Speakers for the future-focused event include:
- Robert Courts MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, DfT
- Luis Gallego, CEO at IAG
- Ulku Ozeren, Managing Partner, SIM Sustainability, Innovation and Management Consultancy Inc
- Paul Stein, Chairman, Rolls-Royce SMR
- Jim Woodger, MD UK, Lanzatech UK
- Alastair Blanshard, Senior Manager - Sustainable Aviation Lead, ICF
- Thomas Reynaert, Managing Director, Airlines for Europe
- Graham Web, CSO, Pratt & Whitney
- Adam Morton, Chair, SA
- Jan Toschka, President, Shell Aviation
- Nikhil Sachdeva, Roland Berger
- Gurhan Andac, Aviation’s engineering leader for fuels, GE
- Dr Mark Bentall, Head of Technology Operations and the National Technology, Airbus
- Brian Yutko, Vice President & Chief Engineer of Sustainability and Future Mobility, Boeing
- Christopher Lorence, Senior Executive - Chief Engineer & General Manager, GE Aviation
- Gael Meheust, President & CEO, CFM
- David Hyde, WEF
- Robin Riedel, McKinsey
Gareth Rogers, CEO of Farnborough International, said: “Sustainable Skies World Summit will provide the industry with a vital platform to tackle the crucial challenge the world is facing with an aerospace focus."
“I am thrilled we have partnered with the trailblazing team at Sustainable Aviation to develop and host the largest sustainable aviation event in the UK. Sustainable Aviation shares our vision to host the world’s best global sustainability aerospace event, stimulating collaboration between leading innovators, and pioneering the next steps to a cleaner, more efficient trade. The conversation will continue in July at the pinnacle aerospace event of the year, the Farnborough International Airshow.”
Passes for the two-day Sustainable Skies World Summit are priced at £595+VAT.
For more information on the Sustainable Skies World Summit and to book your pass, click here.